The Life of a Gentleman
An elegant man is one who has manners, smells good, and takes great pride in his appearance. He is witty, sharp, and sophisticated. An elegant man attracts with his debonair smile, charming personality, and superior confidence. He knows how to impress and how to do it best!
Here are twelve items every elegant man should own:
1. Tailored or Custom-Made Suit - A well-dressed man shouts confidence, self-respect, and sophistication. Dressing well shows that you put time and effort into your appearance. And, nothing exemplifies this better than a custom-made suit.
2. Dress Shoes - Your shoes speak before you do so make sure they are speaking correctly. Invest in a nice pair of high-end leather shoes to add to your wardrobe.
3. Signature Cufflinks - Small things like cufflinks can make you look more stylish and elegant. It’s the little things that count and you don’t have to wait to wear a suit or tuxedo to sport them. Wear cufflinks with a simple buttoned shirt for a sharp casual look if you are attending an important lunch or meeting.
4. Signature Bottle of Cologne - Ladies love a nice-smelling man; It’s intoxicating. Every elegant man should have at least one bottle of high-end cologne and make it your signature scent. Just make sure to experiment with a few scents before purchasing to see which one goes with your natural body chemistry. You can also ask the sales’ person for free samples at your local department store.
5. High-quality Pen - There’s something about an elegant man who reaches into his shirt, or jacket pocket, and pulls out his own high-quality pen. It shows that you are a man of importance and are used to signing important things.
6. Passport - A passport shows you have the desire and means to travel and that you are also a well-cultured man. It reflects that you are curious about traveling to new places, meeting new people, and experiencing the world around you. This makes you more interesting, sophisticated, and informed.
7. Umbrella - A basic black masculine umbrella adds just the right amount of class and elegance to any gentleman’s wardrobe.
8. Weekend Getaway Bag - You should have a nice leather getaway bag for those last-minute travel plans. It should be sleek, light, and easy to carry.
9. Trench coat - A trench coat is stylish and keeps you warm. It can be worn in the winter or on cool rainy days. A must-have for every elegant man.
10. Pocket watch - Ok, so I personally added this one to this list. I know pocket watches are not as popular as they once were, but I think they are timeless! To me they are a sign of class and sophistication. Not to mention, they can be passed down to future generations as a precious family heirloom. If you are not into the idea of a pocket watch, then invest in a nice wristwatch instead. A man who keeps track of time is a man of importance.
11. Linen Handkerchiefs - Traditionally, a gentleman always carries a linen handkerchief. And if you really want to be fancy, get them personalized with your initials. Invest in several of them and carry them in your pocket. You can use them yourself, or offer them to someone else who might need it.
12. Nail Grooming/ Manicure Set - Nothing will make a lady run away faster than a man with dirty unkept nails. Do yourself a favor and invest in a nice nail-grooming kit, because, after all, an elegant man always has nice-looking hands.
In conclusion, an elegant man is flawless, charming, and timeless! Start building your wardrobe with the twelve items from this list and you will not only be irresistible, but you will also be unforgettable!
(Bella’s Attic Studio is supported by its audience. When you make a purchase through the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.)
Advertisement: Stand out in style with a custom-made suit from thread-club.com. They offer the same high-end quality as bespoke tailors but at a more affordable price.
Isabella Boston is a multi-talented writer and the founder of Bella’s Attic Studio. She is well-versed in content writing, copywriting, and social media strategies with a focus on health and wellness, fashion and beauty, and natural healing as it pertains to the body, mind, and the soul. She is also a romance writer and the author of Passion of Flames.