For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone. ~ Audrey Hepburn.
What is a Classy Woman?
A classy woman is confident without being rude, kind without weakness, and proud without arrogance. She is elegant from the inside out and her kindness is reflected in her soul. Her presence alone demands respect for she is a woman who is authentic and always true to herself.
A woman of class is comfortable in her own skin and does not seek attention from others. She knows how to have a good time but is also respectful in every situation.
A classy woman is timeless.
Characteristics of a Classy Woman
There is more to a woman of class than merely putting together a nice outfit, although that is certainly an important part of it. In addition, brand names, expensive perfume, and jewelry do not solely make a woman classy either.
Here Are Seven Ways to be a Classy Woman:
1. Always be respectful ~ No matter the situation, always show others respect. Remember, how others behave reflects them. How you behave, reflects only you. A classy woman can handle constructive criticism and accept feedback from others. She owns her weaknesses and is willing to work on them, but also acknowledges her strengths and is proud of them.
2. Dress with a purpose ~ Every item in your closet should have a purpose and a reason for being there. A classy woman always looks her best, whether she is running to the grocery store, or attending a black-tie event. She dresses elegantly and with dignity at all times. (For tips on how to look elegant, see my article Eight Must-Have Items for an Elegant Wardrobe and Can the Clothes You Wear Have an Impact on Your Mental and Overall Health?)
3. Be assertive ~ Always voice your opinions and speak your mind without fear. Learn how to be articulate and well-spoken. Never use slang or vulgarity.
4. Be a good example ~ Set a good example to those around you. People tend to study a classy woman, especially younger girls and women. They will not only admire you, but also learn from you. People will appreciate the positive influence you set for others to follow. A classy woman is contagious.
5. Be confident ~ A classy woman is confident in her own skin. She neither needs nor seeks the validation or approval from others. She knows her self worth! Whatever she sets out to achieve, she knows she will be successful in doing so.
6. Stand in your truth ~ A classy woman always stands up for what she believes in, even if she stands alone. She will also fight for the injustices of others without fear.
7. Be Resilient ~ A classy woman is resilient. She can bounce back from difficult situations and overcome obstacles without breaking nor folding. Bad times do not keep her down, they only build her back up and make her stronger. A classy woman never plays victim and always has a heart of gratitude.
A Classy Woman is Independent
A woman of class is independent, even when she is in a relationship. She is constantly learning, growing, and evolving as a person. She is never clingy or dependent on someone else to make her happy. She does that all on her own.
Intelligent and Private
A classy woman is intelligent. She nutures her mind by reading from books of substance and a variety of literature to stay abreast of news and current events. She is a sophisticated and well-cultured woman who enjoys fine art, fine cuisine, and TED talks to further stimulate her brain. A classy woman is also well-traveled and will travel as far as her budget allows. She has a curiosity for learning about other people, cultures, and the world around her.
And last, but certainly not least, a classy woman is private. She understands there is power in privacy and does not overshare her personal life and business to those around her or on social media.
Here is to all of you classy women: May you support, love, and raise other classy women as well!
I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. ~ Audrey Hepburn
Advertisement: VienneMilano*, Made in Italy Stay-up Thigh Highs! Elegant hosiery for every occasion!
*Bella’s Attic Studio is committed to providing you with high-quality content and is supported by its audience. When you make a purchase through the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you!
Isabella Boston is a multi-talented writer and the Founder of Bella’s Attic Studio. She has several years of experience in content writing, copywriting, and social media strategies. She is the author of the romantic and rare memoir, Passion of Flames. Isabella is currently working to spread awareness on the dangers and inhumanity of human sex trafficking. She has special interests in fashion and beauty, health and wellness, and natural healing as it pertains the body, mind and soul. When Isabella is not writing, she enjoys playing the violin, learning new languages (currently Italian), and reading books of substance.